Line Cook Job Description
Line cooks are responsible for accurately and effectively cooking hot line items in a call kitchen. Ensure that food looks appealing when plated; is cooked properly; the portions are correct; and that food is cooked and served quickly. Daily cleaning of the kitchen is required. Be able to work as a team and communicate effectively. Have the ability to multitask. Follow sanitation and kitchen safety policies at all times.
- Set your station up and be able to prep any items needed.
- Cooking all hot line items requested by the staff member calling tickets. All items must be cooked accurately and consistently keeping the quality the same every time.
- Use safe food handling and sanitation practices at all times.
- Making sure your station is ready to go by the time we open, along with working as a team to ensure ALL stations are ready for service.
- Responsible for keeping your station clean and organized throughout service, resetting the line between lunch/dinner services and deep cleaning the kitchen daily after service.
- Communication between you and your co-team members.
- This is a call kitchen, tickets will be called by one staff member, you must be able to listen to the call and remember the calls while cooking at your station.
- All prep work is done by the entire kitchen staff, we all work as a team.
- Adhere to uniform/dress code and proper daily hygiene.
- Positive attitude
- Prior kitchen knowledge and experience
- Knife skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as a team
- Time management skills
- Sanitation and Safety
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
Rate of Pay
$10.00-$14.00 per hour